Friday, July 29, 2005

Letter From the Editor

Editor, transcriber, something like that. Editing infers a sense that something has been taken out of the work, and my interest--perhaps to a degree denoting a disturbed mind--is in retaining as much of the look and feel of these original works as possible, within the set confines of the internet. I've been given the task of translating whatever I see fit from paper page to electron page, but I'm taking more time to make sure stylistic touches are retained instead of correcting spelling. In fact, I'm leaving spelling as is, and am leaving the punctuation and sentence structures as they are...despite my every impulse...must...place...period...

Why? Because I'm one of many who know and love Chadwick, and prefer this insane intelligence--however rough it may be--to the tamed intellectualism of most. It is a breath of fresh air that yet contains life in a world of half-lives. I'm picking this as a stopping point for todays..."whatever"...but will be continuing on with this project over the course of the next few months.

~Kantiki Manajaya

No comments: